Monday, May 3, 2010

My Running Freak Out

I hate having a run like that - I just HATE it!

I started out feeling fantastic, like really really good, and I thought, "this will be an easy run for sure, it'll take no time". Those thoughts soon turned to, "I can't do this, I can't run a 10K, I'm so slow, this is embarrassing". It just got worse from there.

So I know I can run 10K. Geez, I'll make it through somehow, it's only 10K. Will I be able to finish in a respectable time? I doubt it. This just makes me not want to run it at all. I'm just going to be embarrassed, and I just can't handle that.

As a matter of fact, nothing's going right right now. Nothing. I'm eating well, but not losing weight, so I'm carrying around at least an extra 10lbs for no good reason. I'm getting more and more frustrated about eating well and not losing.

I'm honest to goodness following a training program for a 10K and have been for weeks now, and I'm not getting any better. I'm a slow runner and I hate it.

This just isn't fair.

4 comments:

sunshine! said...

But, YOU are not a quitter, YOU will stick with this and your speed does NOT matter.....your perseverence matters.....

You know what to do, just stick with it!

HUGS just 'cuz I know how frustrating in can be.

FOCUS, EXECUTE...........and smile along the way.

sunshine! said...

Weeeird....I know I posted a comment, but it never showed up?!

Recap:

Your speed doesn't matter....this journey is about YOU, you do it your way. Keep focused and you'll be fine. You know you can run 10k, you know you need to keep tracking and drinking and moving.....stay focused and your body will catch up!

Hugs, 'cuz I know how frustrating this is!

PunkRockMom said...

Seriously? Seriously.

Reread that post and imagine that it was me saying that to you. No way in heck you'd let me beat myself up like that.

Who the flip cares how fast you go? You aren't doing this for anyone else. Take a look around honey. Life is good:)

Laura said...

I hear ya! Sometimes the run is a good one. Sometimes it stinks. The point, though, is that you ran and you got it done.

The fact that you are running at all is the victory. Who cares about speed? I understand how you feel, though. I am a "slow" runner. The thing is that as time goes on, you get faster. The only person you have to race against is yourself. It's kind of like weight loss: there is no point in comparing yourself with anyone else.