Friday, September 30, 2011

The Hidden Beauty in Leftovers

Quickie post today, but I had to say something about this:

I know this is going to make me sound like a total loser, but I'm really proud of myself. We were having salmon and broccoli for dinner. I also made pickles last weekend, so now they're on the plate too, along with two other last minute additions: potatoes and corn. Caloric disaster for dinner.

I'm eating my way through my meal, mulling over how I'm going to be able to still have cookies later (Sad I know, but this is my thought process). Then it occurs to me that I don't have to eat everything on my plate! *ding, ding, ding*

For the first time in many, many months, I did not clean my plate. I am so proud of myself for actually taking the time to think about it before I just mindlessly shoved the food (albeit, really delicious food) in my mouth.

For later? Cookies without a side of guilt!

No comments: