Monday, September 24, 2007

Eating Clean

It was not a good weekend for me. My grandmother is very sick and I spent the majority of my weekend at the hospital with family. We thought she had taken a turn for the worse on Saturday, but yesterday she had a good day, and today we have gotten even more encouraging news with regards to her condition.

Needless to say though, healthy eating and exercise were non-existent for me. Today is a better day though. I had some yogurt, kashi, and oatmeal for breakfast, and a nice greek salad and a banana for lunch - very satisfying and delicious.

I've recently become intrigued by the whole "eating clean" theory and I'm really going to try it out. To lose my weight on WW, I will admit that I relied a lot on chemical replacements for sugar and other natural foods. I am going to start to make changes so that I am not eating these chemicals anymore. The first changes I'm going to make are to start having real sugar in my coffee again as opposed to Splenda or some other sweetener, and to stop drinking diet pop. I'm trying to find a natural alternative to drinking pop, and I think what I'm going to do is just replace it with natural iced tea. Both DBF and I have decided this would be a good change for both of us, so I'm going to try to make my first brew tonight to see how we like it. I love iced tea, but I'll admit that I've never made it naturally and I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll let ya'll know how it goes...

No comments: