Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hungry Days

Don't you just hate those days when you feel like your leg's hollow and you're desperately trying to fill it with food?

Today is one of those days. Yes, I've had protein at every meal. Yes, I've had plenty of fruits and veggies. Yes, I've had more than 3L of water today. Have these things helped? NO!

In times like these, there's one snack I turn to for help. Popcorn. Popcorn is a low-calorie snack that you can stretch out for a while. Popcorn is actually fairly filling too. And popcorn can taste however I want it to. We have no shortage of flavourings for popcorn - shakers that taste like salt & vinegar, dill pickle, BBQ, cajun - the tiny little jars fill one shelf of our snack cupboard. Sometimes I dip my popcorn in a dip, or barbecue sauce, or salsa. Sometimes I melt peanut butter in the microwave and have it with that, or sometimes I sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on my popcorn.

Is it the best snack choice - no, but it sure is better than eating a lot of other things.

What do you eat on your "hungry days"? How do you like your popcorn?

1 comment:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Those days totally cyclical for me. I call them bottomless pit days. For me, the only thing that really does the trick is a big ole plate of pasta. Not the best choice for calories but it does the trick and keeps me from grazing all night long.

I love all popcorn. My favourite way to have it is microwaved Smart Pop with a bit of melted Becel and a sprinkle of parm. MMMMMMM!