Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Monday Menu - I know, another boring food list

I know it's Tuesday, but I want to talk about yesterday's food too. I'm looking for suggestions and critiques. I'm trying to eat "cleaner" and incorporate more whole foods and more protein.

Here's what I ate:

Breakfast: Oats with greek yogurt and raisins, coffee
Snack: none (still full)
Lunch: Salad (spinach, tomatoes, mixed beans, feta stuffed peppers, flax meal, vinaigrette)
Snack: 2 Turkey Bites
Dinner: Turkey Burger (whole wheat bun, cranberry chutney, and grainy mustard), sweet potato fries with herb mayo for dipping
Snack: 3 Clementines

Because I don't trust myself not to overeat, I'm still figuring out my nutritional totals:
1530 cals, 197 grams carbohydrates, 46 grams fat, 95 grams protein

I think the only thing I ate that wouldn't be considered "clean" was the mayo, and maybe the kaiser roll I had my burger on. It was from a local bakery, but it doesn't list ingredients.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Jaime said...

I think that was an excellent day!! Tasty, nutritious and 90% or more "clean". Don't sweat the small stuff... :)

PunkRockMom said...

Looks pretty fantastic to me!

Perry Reighard said...

Hi Tara, I was looking for other blogs I might follow and found yours. You have quite a breakfast menu. I hope you won't mind a suggestion. This website sells a lot of great tasting protein bars, with a reasonable amount of sugar and calories. http://www.amway.com/par1
Hope this helps. Have great day.
Perry Reighard

blynn021 said...

I'm new to following your blog:) But, I was interested by your food intake! I've been cracking down on my eating habits. I think you get an A+
:)