Friday, September 3, 2010

It's Been a Week Already? This Week's Grocery Shop

It's already been another week come and gone. Not quite, but almost.

Steve and I decided to get groceries before Hurricane Earl hit so that we can stay in tomorrow and do nothing but eat delicious snacks, you know, in the name of survival.

Here is the list of purchases today:

  • Reese Peanut Butter Puffs cereal
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (I can't believe these are the first two things on the list)
  • Blue Menu angus burgers
  • Light sour cream
  • Hot pepperoni
  • Whole wheat macaroni
  • Peas
  • Corn
  • Coffee
  • Dog food
  • Root beer
  • Whole wheat english muffins
  • Hamburger buns
  • Whipped peanut butter (whipped!)
  • Dill pickles
  • Cool ranch doritos
  • Renee's ranch dressing
  • Renee's Light caesar dressing
  • Tassimo chai tea lattes (FREE)
  • Tassimo Starbucks cappuccino (FREE)
  • Yves original veggie ground round
  • Vachon Ah Caramel cakes
  • Maple pepper smoked salmon
  • Rainbow trout
  • Honey oat bread
  • Ancient grains bread
  • Coffee cake
  • Kibbles
  • Plums
  • White mushrooms
  • Fresh cilantro
  • Garlic
  • Cauliflower
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Buttercup squash
  • Vidalia onion
  • Green pepper

So in hindsight, I guess I didn't make stellar choices. I yelled at Steve when he put the coffee cake in our cart.

There were two things I couldn't wait to try. I dug into them as soon as we got home: the smoked salmon (not because I don't know what it tastes like, but because I LOVE it and I was famished). I also had to try the whipped peanut butter.

I know, I'm eight years old.

We spent $138.



1 comment:

Lose Weight said...

hey!! you have a wonderful blog. thanks for sharing your life and experience here. keep it up and never give up. you can do it.