Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Are YOU Happy?

How often do you think about whether or not you're happy?

I'm sad to think that so many people, including myself, express very openly how unhappy they are. I often wonder too, are people generally more unhappy now than in generations previous? Do we just talk about it more? Or have our lives changed so much compared to what peoples' lives used to be that we're just somehow continually causing our own unhappiness?

I'm rambling, I know.

Either way, I thought it would be good for me to sit and think about things in my life that make me happy (in no particular order):

  • My dog. He's always happy to see me, is never in a bad mood, and is a fantastic snuggler.
  • Sundays. When I was a kid, I hated Sundays. Now I live for Sundays.
  • That boy.
  • Good food. I don't care that I shouldn't think about food this way. It's not just fuel to me, and it never will be. It makes me very happy. I'll suffer with a weight problem my whole life before I stop letting food make me happy.
  • Books. I surround myself with books. There are always no less than four of them on the arm of the couch next to me, or on the rocking chair next to my bed.
  • My bed. I love my bed.
  • Good friends.
  • Cake. Can't forget cake.

There are so many other things, and I'm sure this list is being highly influenced by the kind of day I had today, but no matter. They make me happy.