Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Almost Half Way Through the Work Week

Friday can't come fast enough! Work just seems to be piling up this week, *sigh*. At least the time is passing quickly.

I've been trying to increase my weekly mileage lately with my running, to get ready for my first race on May 13th. I plan on running the 5K distance, since it's my first race and I want to feel fairly confident that I'll have a decent result. I've run 5K on each of the past two evenings, and my legs definitely feel it today. This is the first time I've been sore after a run in quite a while, and it feels great. Of course the soreness may also be due to running on a treadmill for the first time in a while. Either way, I'm taking tonight off of running, to allow my body to recover, but I'll try another 5K tomorrow night, probably on the treadmill again - the weather's still pretty wet and lousy here. I might do some pilates tonight, just to switch things up a bit.


Today's Eating Plan: (24 pts)

Breakfast -> Dempster's WW Bagel w PB, Coffee (7pts)
Lunch -> Roast Beef Sandwich on Rye w Mustard, Yogurt (4pts)
Dinner -> Highliner Fish Filet, Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Veggies w Olive Oil (9pts)
Snack -> 1/2 Cup Ice Cream, 1/4 C Kashi Cereal (4pts)


Today's Exercise Plan:

Pilates -> 1/2 Hour



No comments: