Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Another Dreary Day

Well today's weather isn't much nicer than yesterday's. It is really windy and rainy, the sidewalks are covered in two inches of slush and water. It's one of those days when you're just wet and cold the entire day. I feel pretty bad that Stephen had to go work outdoors all day in this - I don't think he was looking forward to it this morning. The worst part is that it's supposed to be like this until at least Thursday.

Had a great run last night on the treadmill. It's been a while since I've had to run indoors, but it was actually kind of nice for a change. I didn't use my MP3 player, but watched the news the entire time instead. They were only covering the school shooting at Virginia Tech that occurred yesterday morning - what a sad story. I feel so terrible for all of the families, including the family of the shooter - they'll more than likely live with guilt for the rest of their lives. What a terrible tragedy.

Again, probably won't do much tonight, mostly because of the weather. Once I get home I just want to stay tucked in, nice and warm. I think I'm going to give the treadmill a go again after work - I really want to work on improving my time. I want to register for the Fredericton Marathon on May 13th, so I'd like to get my time under 30 minutes before then - just a personal goal. I'm sure I can do it. I'm going to try to get my average speed up to at least 5.5 tonight - it was around 5.4 last night.


Today's Eating Plan: (27 pts)

Breakfast -> Tim Hortons WW Bagel w PB, Coffee (7pts)
Lunch -> Huge Salad with Salad Spritzer, 1/2 Serving Better Butter Chicken, Yogurt (4pts)
Snack -> Crispy Delights (2pts)
Dinner -> Lean Burger w Bun, Spinach, Onions, Low-Fat Fries, Mayo, Chili Sauce (10 pts)
Snack -> 1/2 C Smart Scoop Ice Cream, Sprinkle Kashi GoLean Crunch, Orange (4pts)


Today's Exercise Plan: (-4pts)

Running -> 32 Mins of High Intensity Treadmill Running, 4.9Km in 32:00

No comments: