Friday, January 18, 2008

Frustration

I guess my the title of my post says it all... I'm frustrated!

I just can't find the time to do anything for myself lately. Work is crazy, home is crazy (mostly due to puppy)! It's a good thing we got this puppy though, because as my mother has told me, this is great practice for having kids! You have next to no downtime!

Luckily, my eating has still been on par, although I sure have been tempted to throw healthy eating out the window lately! It sure would be easier to get home and stuff all kinds of goodness in my face, as opposed to trying to cook healthy meals for Steve and I. Poor Stephen, he asks me last night for my help, "Can you help me get back on track with my eating and drinking water and stuff?". Since quitting smoking, Steve's put on about 5 lbs, which I think looks great on him, but of course he doesn't see it that way. We eat healthily anyway, but I think he just needs a little more encouragement and to change a couple of habits. So of course I'll help! We'll be getting groceries tomorrow as usual, and we always pick up lots of healthy stuff, so maybe we'll try a couple of new products to keep our interest. We need good snacking options, other than the usual stuff like popcorn. If I find anything new, I'll keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

Shrunk said...

Good for Steve quitting smoking. I think 5 lbs is a small price to pay for managing to kick that addiction. Plus, you'll help him get back on track :O)