Monday, May 25, 2009

Wake up and smell the roses

Ah, the smell of the roses... I can't wait! Yesterday was a great gardening day, so we took full advantage of it.

I've decided to plant a hedge of roses and other lower lying white flowers along the driveway. We filled it in with natural mulch. It will look like the following:

OK, I can't get my diagram to post properly. How's about I just post pictures later? :-)

Anyway, the roses I chose (from left to right):
- Mellow Yellow, a light yellow hybrid tea
- Toro, a dark red hybrid tea
- Marina, a yellow-orange blend floribunda
- Iceberg, a white floribunda
- Intrigue, a mauve floribunda
- Chicago Peace, a yellow-pink blend hybrid tea
- another red one whose name escapes me right now

The smaller, shorter white flowers that will make up the background of the bed are called campanula white clips (or bellflower). I cannot wait until all of them start blooming!

I also potted all of my herbs yesterday. So far I have lemon balm, basil, cilantro, parsley, chamomile, thyme, and rosemary in pots, as well as chives, garlic chives, lavender, and chocolate mint planted in the ground from last year.

I love gardening season!

And we haven't even touched the veggie garden yet! EEK!

1 comment:

sunshine! said...

Hi Tara - I'm lgroom from WW boards....and I do believe we've "met" before! You asked if anyone read your blog....well, I'm going to read it now! and will check in with you from time to time as well.....please visit mine as well!