Friday, May 29, 2009

Kick That Bag!

That's what I spent 45 minutes doing yesterday, and it was awesome! I attended my first cardio thai kickboxing class last night. It rocked! I did however injure myself a bit, nothing serious, but both knees are purple and I busted a blood vessel on the top of my right foot. It was so worth it though. It went kinda like this:

Minute 1: Skip until your calves feel like they may seize up
Minutes 2-3: Skip while lifting your knees up
Minutes 3-4: Skip faster
Minute 5: Skip until you feel like your calves may explode, seriously
Minutes 6-8: Standing leg lifts
Minutes 8-10: Standing quick side kicks
Minutes 10-11: Pushups
Minutes 12-13: Walking pushups (I stared at my friend open-mouthed when he asked us to do this)
Minutes 14-15: More freakin' skipping
Minute 15-16: Plank

Minutes 17-40: Kickboxing! Various drills with the bag, punching, kicking, kneeing, super fun!

Minutes 41-45: See skipping interval above, and repeat
Minutes 46-50: Stretching, sweet sweet stretching


I would seriously recommend this workout to people looking for a real challenge! It was awesome!

No comments: