Thursday, February 10, 2011

Here comes the unconventional bride

Hello? Is this thing on?

Yeah, I haven't been around in a long time. Been busy.

Got engaged, and am planning a wedding. A nice, easy wedding. Let's talk about that for a minute.

If you don't know, my fiance and I are pretty low-key and easy to get along with people. I wish you all knew him - he's pretty fantastic. We live a pretty simple life. We have a normal home just outside a small city. We do normal things like sit on the couch and joke while watching TV. We go camping for vacation time away, we spend quality time together in the kitchen, and we get up early on the weekends. We budget, we grocery shop on the weekend, and we have a dog that's less than perfect and the love of our lives.

Not very glamorous, is it?

So how do you show people who don't see you every single day that this is who you are? Do people still have wedding expectations? Do they all have to be formal?

A wedding day is supposed to be a day when people see you both at your best. I like the idea of just being us at our best and at our happiest. We like being comfortable and we really want other people to be just as comfortable.

What are some wedding formalities you like at a wedding? What are some traditions you wouldn't miss?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your engagement!

I think you should have the wedding you both want and not worry about anyone else.

Tuna-Kit said...

You should plan the wedding you and your Fiance want :) My Husband and I managed to blend what we each wanted in a wedding into something wonderfully informal without pissing off the rents and family who "Just wanted to see us get married" :)

Nice pic btw :) I have a very similar one!

Anonymous said...

My fiance and I are super laid back and pretty low key as well. We are getting married somewhere out of town with just our parents, siblings, and grandparents. Then we coming home and having a backyard party at my in-laws. That's the plan for now. We want the day to be about us. Then the party to be our style. We love backyard parties! :) Do it how you want it or you will regret it!