Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Think My Arse Just Fell Off Back There!

This is what I'm thinking as I'm on my 6th kilometer of today's run. Holy monkey, this was a tough run for me.

We ran what is known as the outside loop of the 2 bridges here in Fredericton. Gorgeous run, almost all trail running, with a scoot across the walking bridge over the river. Beautiful. It's a total of 6.4km.

I guess I'm now part of a running group, which I swore I never would be. I always thought I'd have to run alone, since I think I'm slow. See, I have this issue where my heart rate tends to soar up to the near-200 beats mark and it forces me to slow down. I figure I'd probably pass out otherwise. So, no biggie to me, but I don't want to be the one at the back of the pack holding my other runner friends up. And yes, I've been to my doctor about this, and I'm fine.

Kickboxing class again tomorrow. I'm pumped!

No comments: