Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tomatoes and Peppers and Herbs -- Oh My!

The garden is in! It took a LOT of time to finally finish, but I cannot wait until we get to reap what we have sown!

We planted: tomatoes (yellow boy, roma, tiny tims, beefmaster, and heirlooms), peppers (green bell, jalapeno, chocolate, and cherry pick), cucumbers, beans, peas, carrots, squash (sweet mama and buttercup), zucchini, watermelon (sweet baby), lettuce (romaine and simpson), spinach, beets, pumpkin, onions (spanish, red, and green). I think that's it.

And we have an abundance of herbs: cilantro, chamomile, chocolate mint, lavender, chives, garlic chives, thyme, rosemary, basil, parsley, and lemon balm.

We are gonna be hooked up!

3 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

I'm jealous of anyone who can pull more than mutant zuchini out of a garden. The one time I tried, all I got were these crazy zuchinis that used to triple in size overnight!

Take a pic of the garden and post it!

BTW: are you growing your herbs in the garden or in pots? And did you start with plants or seed? I might like to try an herb garden again.

Jim and Kim said...

Yummy...sounds delicious! I love Sweet Mama squash.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your garden sounds very impressive. I would be out there encouraging everything to grow, grow, grow so I could see the bounty.

Enjoy your harvests!