Monday, May 28, 2007

Ran 6K For The First Time Yesterday

Well I went out yesterday with my Garmin and ran 6K for the first time. This was Day 1 in the Running Room's 10K Conditioning Program. It was supposed to be an LSD run, which means it should be run at 60-70% of my max heart rate.

I decided I'd start using more of the features on my HRM, so I used it to alert me if my heart rate was too high or too low. I discovered that that pace is really quite slow for me (it would pretty much put me at a fast walk), so I ran at a slightly higher pace, but still much slower than I was used to. It turned out to be one of the most enjoyable runs I've ever had! I finished the 6K with no problems, in about 45 mins. Keeping my heart rate in the right zone (ie. running at a slower pace) really helped me enjoy my run - I paid attention to the beautiful things I saw along the trail, the birds chirping, etc. I really think I had a running breakthrough yesterday.

This new HRM is going to make a world of difference for my running!


No run planned for tonight, but since Steve is working late anyway, I might see if Jenn wants to go out for a little run with me.

Come to think of it, yesterday was a big day for me all around... I roasted my first chicken yesterday. It was a breeze and Steve and I both loved it. What an easy dinner. I put it in my slow cooker on high for the first 4 hours (so the house wouldn't get too hot), then finished it in the oven for the last half hour or so, to get some brown skin on that chicken and some yummy caramelization on my veggies. Turned out to be a really yummy dinner.

We also got out last night and golfed our first 9 holes of the season at Carmen Creek. Steve had a great night and made some really nice shots. I started off great, but did terribly on the longer holes. I really need to work on my drive. I wish I could just use a wedge the entire time - then I'd probably be pretty good!


Today's Eating Plan

Breakfast (2.5 pts) -> Banana Bran Choc Chip Muffin (1), FF/SF Yogurt w 1/8 Cup Fibre Cereal (1), Coffee\Milk (0.5)

Lunch (4.5 pts) -> 1/2 C 1% Cottage Cheese (1.5), 2 Bodywise Bread (1), 1 T PB (2), Asian Pear (0)

Dinner -> ?

Snack -> ?


Today's Exercise Plan

Running -> ? Maybe

No comments: